Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Do you see all that color?!?! People ask me if Antarctica is all white, they ask me if I miss color. I try and explain how on the contrary, there is every color imaginable. The light plays off the snow and ice, reflecting all the different subtleties in the spectrum, intensifying contrasts. It’s incredible. Even in the sky. This photo isn’t doctored at all. I didn’t even want to crop it. Granted there is some darkening around the edges from the camera adjusting to the brightness of shooting straight at the sun, but what you are looking at is pretty much what I saw in the sky, only with the brights a bit brighter and the darks a bit darker. So much color pops out. Reds, purples, greens, pinks. I left this photo in full resolution, so you can click on the image and see it in its entirety. I just think it’s shockingly gorgeous. Every little facet. It’s like a game, looking through and seeing all the different plays on shapes, color, depth. Mmmm. I love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home